My research areas include ethics, political philosophy, philosophy of religion, and philosophy of law. I am currently writing on the ethics of allocating organs for transplant, the intersection of egalitarian theory and moral responsibility, and the role of religion in the democratic public sphere.
- Erik Baldwin, Ryan Long,Willie Mack, Anja Matwijkiw, Bronik Matwijkiw, and Anna Oriolo (2018). The Burqa Ban: Legal Precursors for Denmark, American Experiences and Experiments, and Philosophical and Critical Examinations. International Studies Journal. 15 (1): 157-206. (official version)
- Long, Ryan (2017). Bioethics, Complementarity, and Corporate Criminal Liability. International Criminal Law Review 17 (6):997-1021. (open access) (official version)
- Long, Ryan (2016). Egalitarianism. In James Fieser & Bradley Dowden (eds.), Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy. (open access + official version)
- Long, Ryan (2014). Responsibility, Authority, and the Community of Moral Agents in Domestic and International Criminal Law. International Criminal Law Review 14 (4-5):836 – 854. (open access) (official version)
- Long, Ryan (2011). The Incompleteness of Luck Egalitarianism. Social Philosophy Today 27:87-96. (open access) (official version)